I’m passionate about data and helping businesses leverage it with technology to make business operations more efficient and foster growth.
Some Tools of the Trade
I have experience in: SAS, RStudio, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Studio, Sublime Text, IDLE for Python, IntelliJ, Jupyter Notebooks, Chrome DevTools, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Google Data Studio/Looker Studio, Git and GitHub (Check out my profile!), Microsoft Excel (including VLOOKUP and PivotTables), Power Query, Microsoft Access, WordPress, Google Analytics, Talend, Snowflake, BigQuery, HubSpot Marketing (previously certified in content and inbound marketing), Metadata.io, Contently, CoSchedule, Hootsuite, and more.
Colorado State University GC 2021 - 2022
BSc in Management Information Systems and Business Analytics, 4.0 GPA. Relevant Coursework: Programming; Financial & Managerial Accounting; Information Systems; Web Analytics; Statistics in Business Analytics; Database Concepts; Data Mining; Data Science Foundations; Data Ethics
Front Range Community College 2019 - 2021
A.A. with Business Specialization, 4.0 GPA
Parallon (HCA Healthcare), Financial Analyst 2022-Present
Responsible for providing operational and financial analysis to SSC operational unit leaders and senior leadership. Generate and deliver variance analysis, reports key financial statistics, and assist business unit leaders in managing information effectively to optimize departmental efficiency and performance.
- Works closely with operations departments to assess and report performance.
- Coordinates scheduled and ad hoc data and analysis requests across SSC operational units.
- Develop, test and deliver scheduled and adhoc reports.
- Assists in the development of financial data collection and measurement tools within the SSC.
- Proactively review and provide data analysis and financial impact assessments to support SSC operations.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly MORs.
- Prepares uncompensated care projections and variance analysis for accounts receivable and net revenue performance.
- Monitor defined reports and work with applicable departments to ensure AR is properly stated at month end.
- Creates and supports exception‐based report generation for all departments.
- Assist in translating business reporting requirements to development staff.
- Assist Manager in managing information effectively to improve departmental efficiency and performance.
Your Imprint (Contract), Marketing & Systems Analyst 2008 - 2022
- Customized analytics reports and dashboards in Power BI, Tableau, and Google Data Studio to visualize core KPIs, saving time in manual reporting work
- Compiled business requirements for development projects and performed user and systems testing with validation, resulting in project success and revenue increases for multiple small businesses
- Aggregated unstructured and structured data to identify and promote best-selling products and services; led to hundreds of thousands in new revenue for multiple small companies
- Collected data on top user devices to redesign websites and maximize conversions; led to more than 30% increase in sales for a retail client and higher profitability in multiple small businesses
- Modernized communications with customers through automation using cloud platforms, resulting in increased lead generation and conversions for multiple clients
- Collaboration with subject matter experts to establish business requirements and implement projects
- Creation and querying of relational databases
- SQL and MySQL
- SAS, R, and Python programming for statistical analysis and business intelligence
- Excel, PowerQuery, Power BI, Google Data Studio, and Tableau for data visualization and analysis
- Information systems analysis and design through the SDLC processAgile and waterfall methodologies for project management
- Google Analytics, Search Console, and Tag Manager
- Advanced SEO skills
- A/B testing and analysis on marketing campaigns
- Regression modeling
- Content strategy and management
- Astute business acumen
- Insatiably curious
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Creative problem solver
- Analytical and mathematical skills
- Lifelong student
- Excellent communicator
- Leadership skills and a team player
- Respectful and compassionate
Multiple Companies, Medical & Legal Transcriptionist 2006 - 2015
- Transcribed medical and legal dictations, edited voice recognition files, and worked independently; required to understand and translate confidential information
- Oversee day-to-day operations of large accounts and provide transcription analytics to managers and clients, leading to improved productivity on a remote team of 75
- Prepare medical reports for acute care hospitals, clinics, and surgery centers ensuring compliance with requirements of HIPAA and tight deadlines
- Accurate and exceptional knowledge of radiology, acute and clinical care
- Proficient documentation of legal, law enforcement, and court records with 99% quality
- Proficient use of EMRs like Epic, Oracle Cerner, Phoenix Ortho, and Meditech
Team Leadership, Training, and Quality Assurance
- Oversee proper record release of information and ensure all legal requirements of privacy were upheld
- Developed and implemented Pediatric Certification Program for Medical Language Specialists
- Researched and created a 4-part examination for certification, using analytics to demonstrate success rates
- Run bonuses, games, and “coffee-break” meetings over conferences (virtual office).
- Motivated and encouraged team members to keep up with the 25,000+ lines per day, as well as meet quality standards of 98.5% or higher
- Perform quarterly performance reviews using statistical analytics
- Develop and educate the team about HIPAA laws, regulations, and updates
Some of My
Explore and Predict Housing Sale Price in R
Real estate is a critical sector in our economy, so housing market predictions and forecasting are crucial to sales and development. Many factors influence housing
Video Store Database in PostgreSQL
Project Description Johnson Video Store owners are implementing their first relational database to replace paper files and scattered digital records. There are three files in
Performance Measures of Customer Churn in a Logistic Regression Model
September 19, 2021 Customer churn is an important metric for service companies like telecommunications. Retaining customers is more cost-effective than acquiring new ones (Gallo, 2014).
Counterfeiting Banknotes – Data Mining
August 7, 2022 Data mining is a complex topic that is often difficult to convey in layman’s terms. This is an in-depth research paper on
Statistical Analysis of Telecommunications Churn with Income Prediction
June 12, 2022 This project will analyze the Telco_Extra.xls dataset to perform descriptive statistics on several variables including age, years at current address, gender, level
Stock Prices and Return Series for Google and Amazon
May 22, 2022 For this project, R statistical program is used to construct time series (line) plots for Google and Amazon stock prices and return